The Highland Fieldcraft Training Centre Association was established in 1947 to maintain contact between the staff and 1200 candidates who attended training camps in Glenfeshie and Poolewe in 1943 and 1944 under the leadership of Lord Rowallan.
Over the past 60 years many happy meetings and reunions have taken place at numerous venues all over England, Scotland and Wales.
With the passage of time numbers have reduced and travelling presents problems. At the Annual General Meeting in October 2007 it was reluctantly resolved to wind up the Association.
At a final reunion at Bury in May 2008 it was decided to donate the residual funds of the Association to three charities dedicated to helping members of the Armed Forces wounded in current conflicts, "Help for Heroes" Headley Court; SSAFA Norton House: and the Ex-Services Mental Welfare Society "Combat Stress".
It was also resolved at Bury to set up an informal follow-on organisation "HFTC Fellowship" to enable HFTCA members to keep in touch by means of a newsletter to be edited by Brian Taylor.
Archives concerning the Highland Fieldcraft Training Centre Association are deposited with the National War Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh and information is available on our website http://www.hftca.org.uk/ . Brian Taylor can be contacted at 5 Donaldson Road, Salisbury, Wilts. SP1 3DB, Tel: 01722 322985, and by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.